February 1, 2009



I've been driving my folks around to different parts of the Valley looking at potential houses for them to live in. Now that the little guy is here they are considering moving closer. We found ourselves out on Eagle/HWY55, home to 4 of Idaho's busiest intersections, discussing pros (few) and cons (mainly the road itself) of living near there. We passed a big fitness center at one point and the following dialogue ensued:

FADE IN:
LATE AFTERNOON, OVERCAST. SMALL, CROWDED, PURPLE SUV:

MOM (sarcastically)
"Look Hon, maybe you can go there to work out."
DAD (half glancing left)
"Oh yeah. 'Spose I could go there and throw some iron around."
MOM (to me)
"He's always threatening to go to the gym and get some muscles.
But he never comes home with any."
DAD (to himself)
"They're always out of 'em by the time I get there." 

DRIVER SMIRKS. VEHICLE CONTINUES NORTH.
FADE OUT.

I hope they find a place and decide to move here, I'm looking forward to summer barbecues and more amusing, retiree conversations.

4 comments:

Jonny Hamachi said...

With the right theme song, you could be on after Seinfeld, but before Everybody Loves Raymond.

Anonymous said...

Some canned laughter, a snappy intro montage. Catchy name like: Mopefield or Gawking Like Raymond. You think I could crack that old Roseanne slot- 1AM weeknights on the WB? YESSS!

bluerabbit said...

...and you missed finding the velocache, I had big money on you! DAMN your parents and by that I mean I love your parents....Mine are from the midwest too maybe they can hang when they move here...

William said...

loving the fades, I need more fade in my life