November 11, 2008



I was never a daily coffee consumer until Chris and I started our messenger service. We whiled away many a lazy summer day gettin' caffeinated at the Flying M, praying for a run to come in. Fast forward three years later and I'm still killin' time in cafes, the phone rings frequently but between deliveries I always find myself shoppin for some liquid uppers. I've never had a sweet tooth really (Erin's got enough for the whole family!) but I like my caffeine coated in sugar: vanilla Lattes, BiBi Cafe's, Hazelnut creamer and packets of Splenda. I will even go so far as to crave the annual Eggnog Latte (and of course brandy eggnog and Tom & Jerry's on the steeper side of the spectrum).
Spending as much time at home as we do now, we've resorted to all forms of new-parenthood-adaptation like buying three pound bags of Costco coffee and grinding the beans in the bathroom so The Little Guy doesn't awaken. It's really difficult raising a child and at the same time really easy. He's only 10 weeks old but it feels like he's always been here with us and as ballistic is his crying fits get- all he has to do is break off a little smile and everything feels alright. Here's to the big vats of piping hot coffee and here's to the little tiny blue socks I always find in the dryer but mostly: here's to Uncle Tim on this, his 35th birthday! Liam and his jittery parents send their best.

No comments: