March 26, 2009

But I am not afraid they are going to break my spirit...

If I don't slow down with the addition of semi-necessary
apparati to the Bridgestone, I may end up with a 
escape-to-the-woods-and-make-bombs-and-manifestos-mobile 
like this one that I saw yesterday. And speaking of ole Teddy:


Found these great photographs when I was trying to figure out how to spell "Kaczynski". Photos by Richard Barnes, details HERE. Check out the story linked under the pics page, among the more interesting facts is the address of his property: Humbug Contour Road 30. Humbug was an understatement, huh?
After living alone in the woods of Montana for TWENTY YEARS, he now shares confined space with close to 500 other men in a supermax facility in Colorado.

"What worries me is that I might, in a sense, adapt to this environment and come to be comfortable here and not resent it anymore. And I am afraid that as the years go by that I may forget, I may begin to lose my memories of the mountains and the woods and that's what really worries me, that I might lose those memories, and lose that sense of contact with wild nature in general. But I am not afraid they are going to break my spirit". Ted Kaczynski

3 comments:

Wrecked Metals said...

I have only read a few books in my life. I thought his was pretty inspirational.

oldschooly said...

That loaded bike belongs to a fella' named Tyler and weighs more than it should.

Ask the Georges dudes about that bike...and Tyler.

Codizzle said...

oh my god, that bike haunts me in my sleep!!