December 4, 2008



Our son just turned three months old this week. After recovering from the initial shock of realization that time does indeed fly, we chose to move the lil guy from his bassinet in our bedroom to his crib in his own room. Junior seemed nonplussed by the entire transition while Mom and I fretted through that first night, the walkie-talkie baby monitor action is something I'll have to get used to. Not sure if it allows me to rest assured knowing I'll hear the mayhem when it starts or if it just furthers the level of paranoia I'm already experiencing. The faucet in the bathtub has been leaking a small but steady drip lately and through the muffled sounds of the monitor I sometimes have trouble differentiating the drops from the newborn's noisy nuances.  
That and the cat is typically fucking annoying. 
Nocturnal animals+baby boy+dual channel minimal interference baby monitor+sleep deprivation= shitloads of coffee. And I'm still tired.

2 comments:

Codizzle said...

Welcome to the joys of parenthood my friend. time really does fly with the little ones. Just think, before to long he'll be a teenager saying "my dad is such a dork, why is he always trying to hang out with me? " That though is why we love em. He's a cute little bugger, keep up the good work daddy-o.

-dizzle

P77 said...

CDizz,
Thanks homey. He already looks at me like he knows I'm a knucklehead. If I'm lucky he'll be the Good Citizen Award recipient at Lowell someday (like two lil dudes I know).
Word.
P77