December 16, 2008

Well, I guess our winter has really arrived. Yesterday on the bike was like navigating some cold and car-filled moonscape. Downtown is in pretty good shape but getting there or rolling around the outlying portions is horrible. I read on The Light of the World how A23 is having a similar experience in Portland (+ super gnarly winds), he mentioned he was thinking of me riding in MPLS for a living. I'm older and softer now and can hardly imagine enduring those conditions for the eternity that is the Midwestern Winter. After currently shivering sideways through the slush and dirt-snow I decided to compare today's weather conditions for the two cities (thinking "I'm still pretty tough, it's gotta be as bad as Minny out here") December 16, 2008:
Boise, ID= Mostly Sunny 24 Degrees
Minneapolis, MN= Snow 5 Degrees.
Okay,maybe not AS bad. Alright, I'm not kidding anyone, am I? Messengering in 22 degree weather in MPLS is like a fucking heat wave! Even though I'm so old and wimpy that my complaints are the only thing keeping me warm, mopin' around in this crap ain't no cake walk either. Wah.

2 comments:

Old Nevermore said...

Hey, at least you were working.
I was just fucking about and buying groceries and stopping for hot toddies every 20 minutes.

P77 said...

That sounds terrible, dude. "This BODY needs a TODDIE!" It was 11 here this morning, how are you all fairing in Pot Land?