January 11, 2009

"Are Those Boots Good For Snow?"

This is my friend Johnny in front of his old apartment in Minnesota.
I recently received the picture in an email regarding his move across town so I'm out on Reminiscent Road ( but I suppose that's what this blog is: past, present, future).
We rode in the same messenger circle in SF but it was a big circle and we didn't really know one another too well. John was born and raised in San Francisco, and chose to move to Minneapolis sight unseen. He called me beforehand and we discussed the Midwest, his situation and the friends we had in common. We became drinking buddies almost immediately upon his arrival. After a short while he moved into a spare room in our apartment on Aldrich Street (only a couple of blocks away from here) and after many, many years he still resides in the land o lakes.
My Dad knows John and loves the fact that whenever they see each other John is able to offer cans of beer from within his winter jacket. 
Cheers, Johnny.
 

No comments: